Friday, August 22, 2014

Vanity

Vanity is described by Dictionary as an excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities, achievements, etc.; it's a character or quality of being vain; it's conceit. However, this article is not about me or someone being vain. This is about a memorable place and time.

I'm not quite sure of the date but it's one of the Saturdays of May this year when we went to this place in Quezon City.  It was Christian (I think) who made it happen the first time......and the second time......and the third time. Haha. But I was not with them after the first time.  




We got to VC earlier than its opening time. It would open only at 11 pm so we went to the place across it and had some drinks.  That place was for college studs and yuppies.  I felt I was one of them. lol!.

It was actually quite a night for all of us --

  • Christian and his gf were not talking; I think the gf had a fever that time
  • Joshua and his gf were not in good terms as well; the day after was their monthsary (or anniversary?) 
  • Eric chose to go with the group rather than heeding to the invitation of a special friend to go with her to a party
  • Genny had just moved in to another dorm
  • Carlo's special girl (now officially a gf) was out-of-town
  • I was in a petty argument with my wife for going out again

Looking back, I think we did not go to VC to simply enjoy.  I realized we went there for some other reasons.  The reason could be that we needed a company; or perhaps to explore what was out there; or maybe to talk about what was going on.  Whatever the reason was, I believe everyone had a good time that night. And that probably caused the succeeding visits. Isama nyo naman ako sa next time. Haha. :)




"Never run out of reasons to smile."




No comments:

Post a Comment