Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Touchdown Japan

June 9, 2017 was the first time I set foot in Japan. As I knew very little about the country and Kobe in particular, I did not set any expectations at all. But the trip turned out to be an awesome experience for me. 
  
Kobe is one of Japan's ten largest cities and is located between the sea and the Rokko mountain range. It is a city known for its marbled beef and scenic setting of mountains framing the harbor.  

Experience Japan below.



SEE

I spent my second day in Kobe visiting different attractions of the city, together with my partners. We visited Hakutsuru Sake Brewery Museum (where we tasted different kinds of sake), Nunobiki Herb Garden (where we were able to take a cable car and see the city from above), and Kobe Port (where we experienced a short cruise). Of course, the day wouldn't be that great had we not eaten the most famous Kobe beef!  

Hakutsuru Sake Brewery Museum




Kobe Nunobiki Herb Gardens and Ropeway


 

 

 

 

 

Kobe Port












EAT

What I can't forget about my 5-day stay in Kobe was the kobe beef experience! Until now, I can still savor its superior flavor, it's tenderness and it's buttery texture. It just feels like tasting ice cream for the first time as a child. If you visit Kobe in the future, don't forget to include Kobe beef in your meals! 






DRINK

Sake is a traditional Japanese drink that is made from fermented rice.  For over 2,000 years now, Sake has been consumed in and used for religious ceremonies. 

As part of understanding the Sake history, we went to Hakutsuru Sake Brewery Museum, an old sake brew house which was opened to visitors to give them a feel of the tradition of sake-making.

The first floor shows various Sake production implements. There is also a sake-tasting area where visitors can enjoy freshly pressed unpasteurized sake.





The various stages of making Sake are shown in the second floor of the museum. Traditional methods are also explained with actual tools and videos. 





I wish to visit Japan again in the future.....with my family this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment